Friday, January 6, 2017

roach-fate

you don't know what hit "chou", roach
as i slammed hard like a thonging bomb
to splatter-bomb you into yellow ooze
squished over four inches of brown
pressed into the linoleum floor

my rubberized sole rid me of you
you and your playful hide and go seek
as you ran for your life in the muggy damp
tween the bathroom tiles of green and blue

yes! i stopped "chou", roach
smashed "chou" with human craft
and with my hatred of your sneeky kind
i squished "chou" joyfully dead and fine
'o'er the space of that immobile floor

no! you don't know i hit "chou", roach
when i caught "chou" roamin' about my room




*Reflections of Alan Jones:

  -It is a fearful and wonderful thing to be a human being.  The theological way of expressing this truth is to say that we are made individually and collectively, in the image of God.  This is the deepest truth about all of us.  The divine is our true form, beyond our grasp and yet in our flesh.

  -Institutions help or hinder us in our being open to the true form.

  -In order to tell the truth I need a deep connection with my own inner life, a respect for those with whom I am closely associated, and a commitment to building a community of free people.

  -Human unhappiness springs from a faulty diagnosis of the human condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment