Friday, April 22, 2016

Bored

I sit staring blankedly at the darkness
staring through the holes in my mind
through the emptiness of my thoughts

I sit straight-jackedly straight
within an id, cramped dungeon-deep
jailed by the fiend of loneliness

I search for a key to free the humdrum of me
to unchain the dazing spirit
holed-up in my butter-fly cocoon

Mine is the plight of an introverted me
an unsure creature growing sour
awaiting boredom's mate to lift me from the floor 




*The more you protest against life, the more bogged down you get in it.  That's a truism.  The problem is how to leave this earth behind, rise up and go further.
  -Ilya Kabakov

*Out of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing was ever made.
  -Kant(?)

*The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools,
  -Thucydides



*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -Someone in love doesn't constantly go around saying "I love you."  Love speaks just as well in silence.

  -Not a day, not an hour rolls by without my thinking, in some way, about eternity.

  -Yes, I am a believer - like you, unless you've yielded to the illusion that the dividing line between faith and belief only passes between one person and another and not within each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment