Friday, March 25, 2016

a day-dreamin' hero

in my head
so many "do's"
in my hands
so many "don'ts"

my feet, like statues
feel nailed to a stone
wanting
but won't

a day-dreamin' hero
i'm stuck in "go"
my goals are glued
at the center of my will

i curse in others
the curse sheltering me
my road to fullness bent
in wisdom with a quirk




*Better to be cast out of the church than to deny Christ.
  -Anne Hutchinson

*...when do men fall on their brothers with mighty weapons and bloody acts?  They do such if they do not know that their brother is themselves.
  -Carl Jung

*...solitude leads one away from otherr people only to bring you closer to them once you are able to face yourself in your entirety.
  -Carl Jung

*...nothing is more dangerous than to play the hero.
  -Carl Jung



*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -...what is important is to receive the Gospel with one's whole being, so that the Word will spring forth and gather together the body of God and the earth.

  -...the Gospel, in its first centuries of development, found itself at the heart of a totalitarian ideological empire to which it was ideologically foreign.

  -Tirelessly, the Church proclaims the very Word that places it under judgement.

  -However pathetic our efforts, each of us must act as children of the kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment