Wednesday, March 23, 2016

a cry rises from the gut of me
longing for the hand that'll hold me together
but i miss the voice passing my ears
as it moves to layers of outer-space
to planets circling the universe beyond night

what am i to do with myself
rarely able to hold down the food for my soul
hold down the hope that feeds faith
struggling with the burdens of doubt

where's the comfort i keep missing
where's the Someone who hears my turbulent creams

my doubts reach for the savior
who'll yank me from my spiral of failures
as i succumb to distortions and struggles
to confining fate, contending for something new




*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -Certainly, Christians know that the Gospel makes demands on them, but only a small minority experience these demands from within.

  -Everything - even love and holiness - takes place in contradiction and mockery.

  -Only saints and mystics were able to break though to a world of freedom and love.  If it truly wants to be universal, Christianity has to become again what it really is.

  -What is needed is to create out of the depth of one's being, to give existence to one's faith.

  -Why, although they pay attention to the Word, do so many people seem to be ashamed of it?  Hoping to make themselves understood in the worldly mode of communication, they research, analyze and criticize; they prepare the ground but they don't sow the grain of the word that emerges out of their own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment