Monday, September 28, 2015

Never said Good-bye

Fragments of mem'ries float before me
slide upon my mind in a dream

You rise from the sea
where the dead were laid to rest
reaching for a rescue
a "Good-bye" never said
no hug, no kiss
a transition without woods

I'd prefer it otherwise
but fragments must do

We're gone from each other's side
and mem'ries the treasure at heart

The recurrent wanting says
"I miss you, hidden among the dead"



*Thoughts of Alan Jones:

-We  live and we die together.

-While the desert way of believing is always ready for the appearance of an angel, it also seeks to identify elements in human life that keep us apart and are the bearers of deadlines.

-Death comes in many guises and has to be unmasked before it can become for us sister or friend.

-The desert way and the way of psychoanalysis often "feel like death" because both are concerned with our not being the center of our own attention.  To realize that I am not being the center of everything (even of my struggle and self-pity) makes me panic.  If I give up that centrality, surely, I shall be no more?  When I cling to my being at the center, a deadliness sets in from which there is no promise of resurrection.

-To the believer, this vast inner emptiness is nothing less than the dwelling place of God.

-From a psychological and spiritual point of view, we have a two-fold task: one, to be open to the shock of revelation when it comes; and two, to keep the shock alive is us after we have said, "Yes" to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment