Saturday, February 21, 2015

why were my eyes full

I.

why were my eyes full
my heart shattering?

II.

our tech-gods had chosen their twelve disciples
marked their heads with friendly fire
as if their death was some how different
since they died at commanders' hands.
heroes before the ground engulfed them
privileged mortals unique among the rest
God promised as their undisputed shield
swooping down to snatch their martyred souls.

III.

freshening-up evil as a good we needed to hear
the ram'blings of gods soothed the enraged souls
to lead us deeper into the dangerous frontier
stationing us stealth'ly beyond the heart of war.

IV.

thus my eyes are full
my heart is shattered
seeing a hundred thousand victims 
pilloried to a cross



Thoughts of Gil Bailie:

-The thing about Christians is that, at least formally, we make a point of saying that we are sinners -  not that we used to be, but that we are - and that you can count on our continuing to be so.

-We should all think of ourselves as religious Semites, which , by the way, would put us a little closer to Islam.

-Any time you have a marker, whether ethnicity or race or gender or physical handicap, when a society falls into chaos or crisis, there will be people who will seize that marker as a way of directing their confusion and fear, setting up the whole scapegoating business which [Rene] Girard has analyzed so powerfully.



The Promise

"I will give u liberty, but first give me ure spirit
This I must confiscate because the evil fear it."
I too would he afraid of passion governed by reason
An open mind 2 trying when corruption is in season
The promise that they claim
2 be completely true
is hypocrisy at its finest
A trick 2 silence u
never will I believe a promise
from the masters of the Art
trickery does not succeed
with those with Honest Hearts
-Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment