Sunday, February 22, 2015

What of me is bleeding?
All of me is bleeding.

What of me is grieving?
All of me is grieving.

What of me is silent?
All of me is silenced
all about me prayer:
urgent emergings
rising from my soil;
itching surprises,
nothing surrounding;
ladened rebellions,
the Wind espousing;
needful pairing,
all of me journeying;
I walk stumbling.
Someone's on the Way.

"Come toward me
all you weary ones,
I will wash your feet."



*Reflections of Gil Bailie:

-...we must not...ask of people to drop their truth-claims at the door.  We must not ask Muslims to stop being Muslim in order to have a democracy.  And likewise, we Christians should  not be expected to drop our Christianity in order to engage in that conversation.  I think it's much healthier, and more inspired to be charitable, if we acknowledge those differences and learn to love each other in spite of them - and in some way because of them.

-Violence is part of the world we live in, so it has to be part of art in some way.

-...I would say that if the depiction of violence is going to be healthy for us, it should result in our experience of compassion, our sense of the pitiableness of the human condition. 



And 2morrow

Today is filled with anger
Fueled with hidden hate 
Scared of being outcast
Afraid of common fate
Today is built on tragedies
which no one wants 2 face
Nightmares 2 humanities
and morally disgraced
Tonight is filled with rage
Violence in the air
Children bred with ruthlessness
Because no one at home cares
Tonight I lay my head down
But the pressure never stops
gnawing at my sanity
content when I am dropped
But 2morrow I c change
a chance 2 build anew
Built on spirit, intent of heart
and ideals based on truth
And 2morrow I wake with second wind
and strong because of pride
2 know I fought with all my heart 2 keep my dream alive
-Tupac Shakur 

No comments:

Post a Comment