Sunday, December 8, 2013

*out

of light
of darkness
of every
I am
at play
on the edge
of the deep
I miss
being
in
but more
and more
I miss
being 
out!
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.


*Voice Lessons

out of suitable
silence, a cave
perhaps, a mist
you come to
the awe
hiding in loneliness

out of infinite
attention to nothing
above
or beyond you
you
sound
-Jerry Schroeder, Cap.



*Meister Eckhart insists that we must be so united with God that we act from the very ground of our being, which is identical with the ground of God's being, so that, like God, we require no further reason why than God does.  'If anyone were to go on asking Life, "Why do you live?", for a thousand years, they would get no other answer (supposing Life could answer) than this: "The reason why I live is that I live".... If anyone were to ask a true person, who acts from their own (inner) ground, "Why do you perform your actions?", if they answer correctly they will say nothing other than this, "I act because I act."'
-Simon Tugwell

No comments:

Post a Comment