Monday, December 23, 2013

dark, my doubt; skim, my muttered faith
I walk the damp corridor of shaded and filtered light
bearing in mem'ry the martyrs of Japan
their Rising Sun

empty dreaming, ones response to fate
helpless forgetting the torture-plight
for what would I say standing before the inquisitor's mace
coaxing me to renounce my faith

is Jesus alive enough that I'd offer my life to death

I can only hope the coward in me would sputter Yes



Following Night's yonder star

Through the woods you lead me
along my path to Dawn
to your Tree uplifted
to say "Into your hands"

Along that road to Daybreak
through the dark-wood beckoning
with tears during the trekking
and visions ever harkening

I stare straight through the Night
along the challenging journey
entrusting myself to your Spirit
the compass for my wandering

I stumble into Dawn
saying farewell to my crutches
to the landmarks I had chosen
walking where you've led

following Night's yonder star 

No comments:

Post a Comment