Sunday, May 5, 2013

blue taffeta

covering herself neath blue taffeta
laying upon her quilted bed
she dreamt  herself a Mary
a virgin announced by God

but no Gabriel stood beside her
to view her available or decide
so she shivered herself into a tsunami
till common-sense reoccupied her mind


Old sperm

I see my sperm laying still upon stale urine
and I know that I am old

They longed to live like beer foam
fluffing up for something more

I stare at their attempt to maintain hope
then flush them away toward shore

1 comment:

  1. We may be old, baby, but we are still very much alive. Our sperm may be old too, but it is still life giving. We are mindful that all life comes from God, and we rejoice in the knowledge that we continue to enliven the world through His grace, and we are gladden in the knowledge that we haven't been reduced to just being a few old farts sitting in the corner pissing our lives away.

    clif ransom

    ReplyDelete