Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Someone
on whose breast I might rest
or they on mine and be at home
I'd say yes modestly but sure
and pillow down upon fleshy bones
to roost in their moods secure

I'd pick heart-beats to sing
or hum lullabies to nurse upon
in knowledge that they'd heed
with caring ears to sooth me thereby

I'd thank Jesus like John
posing questions and sup in peace
gathering crumbs that drop near lips
upon that board treasuring my tears
or any manner of me lounging there
content



*Reflections of Alan Jones:

-Truth-tellers are called to disturb boundaries, erase thresholds, and muddy clear divisions, because - to use the language of faith - in Christ there is a new creation.

-Contradictions helps us identify false truths and move into more generous ones.  It becomes a means of transformation.  Truth-tellers are always looking to change the rules of engagement that diminish and enslave us.

-The process of integration requires cunning, the old principle of losing oneself to find oneself.

-We become authentically human by transending ourselves, by being pushed beyond what we think are our limits.

-There is a special happiness in "letting the world happen."

-Wonder eludes us when we insist on having a "fix" on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment