Wednesday, January 13, 2016

hesitations

...and maybe-
they'll see you

...and maybe-
they'll hear you

...and maybe-
they'll like you

and maybe
you'll go on movin'
on and on
until that day
that night
that moment of chance
when someone might stop
to thank you for trying 
to thank you for crying
for creating and being
for speaking and singing
who you sense you to be
and maybe...

...then maybe

...maybe



An innocent child!  There is no such creature.  Ask those who have to live and play with them.  They may be cute and ignorant but not innocent.  No human is innocent.

For some, the God they love is the God they hate.




*Wherever are, whoever we are, the responsibility for the integrity and beauty of our personalities cannot be shirked.  I must get up each day, take life into my own hands, and put my distinct, unique, and unrepeatable stamp on it.  I must freely decide to create the mood of the day rather than let the circumstances and conditions of the day rule my life.  With my spirit, the breath of God in me, I will transform the raw matter of my life and make it beautiful.  That is my human vocation and my moral duty. (William McNamara, OCD)  


*Reflections of Jean Sulivan:

  -How many men were there whom I could think  of as brothers of the Son of Man?

  -Brothers and sisters who meet together in truth - that's the Church.

  -An audience wants to recognize what it already knows. They like to be stirred up, but as little as necessary. Except for a small number, they haven't come to search for the Word.

  -...once out of adolescence, I had never believed the Church was about to present a perfect image of the kingdom.  On the contrary, I believe the ultimate destiny of the world is being played out between the Church and the Word; it is to the degree that it battles against its own sclerosis that it is the light to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment