Friday, August 28, 2015

Easter Night

Easter night, sitting 'neath a frosted light
I pen, in silence, words of the waning day
and sense the Savior's breath in the cool night air
coaxing me toward sleep and the bed that cares.

This day, bright-full  of  hallelujahs and drunk with praise
pulled my thoughts toward sin and grace.
The Resurrection is sure more than tombs swept clean
and Life's aglow with promises the future seeds.

In meditation sits the guru of my thoughts
unsure which path of quiet to pursue.
Solitude's love enfolds the cells of my flesh
and calls out, "Empty!", her sweet embrace.

For sure we must greet Death by our self
and feel the sisterly kiss of her determined lips.
In this lone-time on the Easter night
the rising of Jesus offers light.



*Thoughts of Alan Jones:

  -A cure through love is what we all want, and this cure is promised us in the Gospel.

  -As a believer, I can all too easily fall into the trap of trying to play a clever and exciting game with myself and others, particularly if I can be "helpful"  and keep my distance at the same time.  To be helpful and to feel superior seem sometimes to enter "the best of all possible worlds."

  -What does it mean to continue believing when something is going on inside us that appears to be beyond our endurance?

No comments:

Post a Comment