Monday, January 26, 2015

out there
somewhere
where where

but who knows
where
where
shall we turn

a question's being asked
nimrods with answers
as if they always have correct knowledge
their sure escape from the many's problems

they offer their reasoned conclusions
re: the aberrations of life
because 
because
because
to whom else shall we turn
except toward ourselves
when we offer up our ignorance
as the unlikely of truths
that govern the world

a mess life can be
when we shift our reasoned illness
to the strangers of paradise
while sitting on their stoops
pretending to know the truths 
that'll calm all with scoops
with themselves primarily in mind

so
return home
grab a jug of wine
weep a while and swoon
deciding what you'll do 



*So many of the Muslims I know are displaced Muslims, and I want to become that kind of Christian.  I want to see myself in that migratory path, moving from north to south, no longer bounded by water but bounded by hot and cold.  Those ideas interest me bacause ultimately I belong to the desert. That is where my soul was born, and finally where I expect to live - but in Phoenix, Arizona, in Las Vegas, Nevada, not in the pretty desert, but the ugly, the desert of suburban houses and garish hotels.  That is where I find Christ.
-Richard Rodriguez



*Family Tree
                                                      4 Mother


Because we all spring
from different trees
does not mean
we are not created equally

Is the true beauty in the tree
or in the vast forest in which it breathes
the tree must fight 2 breed
among the evils of the weeds

I find greatness in the tree
that grows against all odds
it blossoms in darkness
and gives birth 2 promising pods.

I was the tree who grew from weeds
and wasn't meant 2 be
ashamed I'm not in fact I am proud
of my thriving family tree
-Tupac Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment